SKA Energy has changed its focus to constructing and operating several major fuel storage facilities in the regions we operate. Our state-of-the-art 20,000 metric tons imported refined product storage terminal located at Khor Al Zubair Port in Southern Iraq; is strategically positioned to support the fast growing domestic fuel requirements and that of international oil companies. It is built to the highest international standards of the American Petroleum Institute and the National Fire Protection Association and is equipped with the most advanced safety capabilities. The facility has loading gantry capable of dispensing fuel to 9 trucks simultaneously.
SKA's fuel storage terminal is the first phase of a multi-stage project to construct further tank storage facilities that will provide up to 90,000 metric tons of multi product fuel storage to serve both the import and export fuels market.
- Planned Storage capacity of 90,000 cubic meters by Q42015
- 4 x 5000 cubic meter above ground tanks for storage of Class II products
- 25,000 sq meters lay down and warehousing for pipe and oil & gas equipment
- An international standard fuel testing lab for quality control
- Endress & Hauser Radar Gauging system
- IDEX Group Terminal Management Systems
- A fleet of modern fuel delivery trucks equipped to meet the high oil & gas safety standards